Location: Northern California
NorCal FJs is a community of Northern California outdoor enthusiasts who just happen to own Toyota FJ Cruisers. The group built its foundation through offline trail runs and socials and online interaction with FJ owners throughout Northern California and beyond. Although primarily an FJ Cruiser group, the community often wheels with owners of other makes and models and encourages them to join the group to exchange knowledge, promote the sport of off-roading and enjoy the great outdoors.
Unofficially formed in June 2008, the group organizes a variety of trail runs, socials, and volunteer events, such as:
- Volunteer: Eldorado National Forest - Quarterly trail cleanups/maintenance and trail patrols.
- Volunteer: The Wampler Foundation - Annual transportion services.
- Volunteer: Hollister Hills SVRA - Trail cleanups
- Volunteer: TreadLightly! - Awareness Workshops and Tread Trainer training.
- Representation at community meetings focused on land use issues
- Development and updating of online trail run descriptions - see Slickrock Trail description
- Recovery clinics
- Newbie orientations - informal clinics assisting new FJC owners get acquainted with their rig and its functionality
- Socials - parties and get-togethers
- Recreational outings - fishing, hiking, skiing/snowboarding, etc.
The group also produces exclusive content such as videos and slideshows:
- NorCal FJs featured photo slideshow
- SnT2009 video by cypilk
- SNT2008 video by cypilk
- DominicG's Farewell Party at Oceano Dunes SVRA by potatomutato
- MoabFJ and DaveF2 on Hell's Gate by DaveF2
- NorCal FJs at Hollister 3-14-09 by potatomutato
- and other NorCal FJs featured videos
NorCal FJs are members of TLCA, Tread Lightly!, Blue Ribbon Coalition, Friends of the Rubicon and other organizations.